Tips to Making Immigration Procedures Smoother

Date
Hit
Telephone
Depart
Email

Tips to Making Immigration Procedures Smoother

Marriage Migrants, Overseas Koreans, and Permanent Residents Can Use the Korean Passport Lane as well as the Immigration Auto-Gates (Smart Entry Service) -

On Wednesday, September 4, 2024, the Justice Minister Park, Sung Jae of the Republic of Korea visited the Incheon Airport Immigration Office and promoted various immigration clearance measures together with the Social Integration Immigrant Mentor Group* (hereinafter “Mentor Group”).

* The Ministry of Justice has appointed 39 foreigners from 21 countries who have successfully integrated into Korean society to share their experiences with other foreigners in adapting to life in Korea and to participate in social contribution activities, such as environmental cleanup campaigns and production of videos to promote mutual cultural understanding.

With the upcoming Chuseok holiday expected to bring a significant increase in passenger numbers, Minister Park carried out a promotional event at the arrival hall to inform travelers about the various convenient immigration procedures available, aiming to prevent any inconveniences due to lack of awareness.

The current measures implemented by the Ministry to enhance traveler convenience are as follows.

First, ‘marriage migrants, overseas Koreans, and permanent residents’ can also use the entry lane for Korean passport holders.

Previously, when marriage migrants entered Korea accompanying their Korean child, the marriage migrant had to use the foreign passport lane while the children used the Korean passport lane. Thus, this inconvenience was addressed by improving the system to allow marriage migrants to also use the lane for Korean nationals.

Second, ‘foreigners who are 17 years old and above that are registered or those who reported domestic residence’ are eligible to use the Smart Entry Service (SES) without prior registration (prior registration is required for those between ages 7 and under 17*).Additionally, ‘foreign tourists ages 17 and above’ who had provided their fingerprint and facial image information during entry inspection will be eligible to use SES upon their departure.

* Registration for SES is available at 18 enrollment centers, including Terminal 1 and 2 of the Incheon International Airport. (Refer to attachment)

Third, ‘Korean nationals ages 17 and above who hold a national ID card’ can conveniently use SES for entry and departure without prior registration (prior registration is required for those between ages 7 and under 17).

Furthermore, Ahmadova Rahil, a marriage migrant and member of the Mentor Group, said, “Since I am a foreigner, I had to wait for a long time at the lane for foreigners, being separated from my Korean husband. This event was meaningful to me because now I learned that I am also able to use the Korean passport lane for inspection.”

After the promotional event, Minister Park highlighted that he would continue to strive to provide a more convenient environment regarding immigration procedures by gathering various feedback. He also urged employees to keep a friendly smile during the Chuseok holidays, when passenger numbers are expected to rise.

Released by Immigration Planning Division 

첨부파일
법무부의 해당 저작물은 “공공누리 1유형(출처표시)” 조건에 따라 누구나 이용할 수 있습니다.
법무부의 해당 저작물은 “공공누리 2유형(출처표시)” 조건에 따라 누구나 이용할 수 있습니다.
법무부의 해당 저작물은 “공공누리 3유형(출처표시)” 조건에 따라 누구나 이용할 수 있습니다.
법무부의 해당 저작물은 “공공누리 4유형(출처표시)” 조건에 따라 누구나 이용할 수 있습니다.